Strategic Programmes Office
The Strategic Programmes Office supports the delivery of the University's 2030 Strategy. We work with staff to coordinate, resource and monitor delivery of the University's Strategic Portfolios: Purpose, People and Place.
The purpose of the Strategic Programmes Office is to provide services and resources which enable delivery of the Strategy 2030 through the University's Strategic Portfolios, their associated projects and process improvement activities.
What we do
- Support the strategic planning process via the portfolio board in setting strategies, prioritising projects and programmes and overseeing their delivery.
- Provide and manage resources including programme and project management, business analysis and project support.
- Oversee the project and programme governance arrangements. This includes managing the reporting process so that the Directorate Leads, Strategic Programmes Boards and Portfolio Board can keep track of progress and monitor the benefits delivered of the programmes.
- Support and manage the process of developing business cases.
- Develop and maintain best practice standards in Portfolio, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysis and Change Management (in conjunction with the Human Resources, Internal Communications, IT Services, Facilities and other professional services).
- Maintain the Project Management Framework and the University's guide to Managing Change.
- Coordinate the University's Project Management Network.
- Ensure as far as possible that projects are:
- set up with the appropriate aims and objectives, have appropriate governance, proper plans and resources (including people, money and physical space) and measures of achievement.
- to ensure that colleagues involved with projects are appropriately supported and engaged so that the outcomes have the best possible chance of making tangible improvements and sustainable.
- Email: Strategic.Programmes@uwe.ac.uk
- Tel: +44 (0)117 32 81421
- Location: Room 4D015 Frenchay Campus
You may also be interested in
Guide to managing change
This guide is designed to help you manage change; it can be scaled to fit all levels of change activity from small improvements to large projects.
Project Management Framework
The Project Management Framework (PMF) provides the standards and governance arrangements which are expected of these major projects.
Strategy 2030's priority is to deliver an outstanding university experience for our students through innovative, practice-led, research-informed courses.
Structure and governance
Find out more about the key people at the University, from the governors, Vice-Chancellor and Directorate to professional service and college heads.