Experience of the travel environment
Research theme within the Centre for Transport and Society (CTS).
Many people spend a significant minority of their time undertaking routine travel, and therefore experience of the travel environment is important to quality of life and, in some cases, economic productivity.
The theme examines those experiences with a view to informing policy and practice, including in respect of transport service provision, vehicle and terminal design and the economic evaluation of travel time.
- Cyclist and pedestrian interactions on shared use paths
- Rail passengers' travel time use in Great Britain
- From slow slog to inspired indulgence: enriching the experience of travel by public transport
- Exploring pedestrians' subjective experience of motor traffic within the road environment
- Travel time use in the Information Age
- The daily commute
- Utilities' street works and the cost of traffic congestion