Society and the motor vehicle
Understanding the ways society and the built environment have coevolved with the rise of mass private motor vehicle ownership.
This theme also seeks to promote a more sustainable future relationship through less car-dependent urban form, and a more efficient share of trips between the different types of transport.
For each project we provide key details and a summary. In most cases a two-page briefing sheet is available.
- Driving Hands - an Investigation of Factors Influencing the Resumption of Driving Following Immobilisation in a Below-Elbow Cast
- Alternatives to Personal Car Use for Mobile NHS Professionals
- Household car ownership decisions - understanding a transition point in travel behaviour
- Ex-car owners
- Students' car use and its effect on environmental attitudes
- A History of the Government Car Service