Ageing and mobility
Understanding the important role that older people play in communities and how mobility policy can support that contribution.
Transport policy and practice must increasingly respond to the ageing of the population.
The theme examines the mobility of older persons as a product of individual life courses and aspirations, seeking to understand the important role that older people play in communities and how mobility policy can support that contribution. It also addresses the needs of those for whom independent physical mobility has become problematic.
For each project we provide key details and a summary. In most cases a two-page briefing sheet is available.
- Exploring how older people contemplate and experience giving-up driving
- Grey and pleasant land? An interdisciplinary exploration of the connectivity of older people in rural civic society
- Social and health value of community transport in Norfolk
- Exploring the impact of concessionary fares policy in the UK
- Prolonged safe driving through technology
- Impacts of free travel for senior citizens
- Rural ageing and mobility