Bristol-based global experiences
Common Purpose Future Leadership Experience 5-7 June 2024
The Future Leadership programme is designed to help you develop the inspiration, skills and connections to succeed in your career ambitions.
What you will gain from the programme
By taking part in sessions, presenting ideas and engaging with leaders, you will push yourself out of your comfort zone and grow your confidence – as well as your network.
- Build relationships – this networking opportunity gives you the chance to expand your contacts – many students stay in touch after the programme ends.
- Meet leaders – representatives of the private, public and not-for-profit sectors will speak about their experiences and answer your questions. You may even end up applying to an organisation you meet on the programme.
- Get out of the classroom and into the city – experience real workplaces and the day-to-day business tasks.
- Tackle real-life challenges – you can make real change by coming up with ideas and solutions to the problems organisations face. You will also develop teamwork skills, adaptability and the ability to work under pressure.
- Develop your Cultural Intelligence (CQ) – CQ is the ability to cross boundaries and thrive in multiple cultures.
- Focus on your leadership skills – the Future Leadership programme is an unique opportunity to think about skills you want to develop – and it offers a range of sessions to help you achieve your goals.
- Earn the Inclusive Leadership micro-credentials – demonstrate your learning by earning this embedded credential, which you can display on your LinkedIn profile and as part of your digital backpack. You will get a digital certificate on completion of the programme.
"It is an amazing opportunity to develop new skills, build your network and more importantly, to reach possible solutions..."
Second Year student
Join the Common Purpose global alumni network
On completion of the Future Leaders programmes, you will be invited to join the Common Purpose alumni network – a 100,000-strong global community of our alumni with exceptional diversity and a huge range of skills, interests and leadership experiences.
UWE Bristol Common Purpose programme participants 2023
"The programme has been fantastic. It is an amazing opportunity to develop new skills, build your network and more importantly to reach possible solutions to the ongoing issues our city faces. I am proud to have been part of the program this year, it has been an unique opportunity. I want to thank my group, Common Purpose and UWE, for making it happen. A huge thank you as well for everyone who spared their time to come and speak to us. Thank you everyone."
Second year student
"It was an amazing experience. In such a short space of time, friendships were made, new ideas were thought of and now I feel energised to go out to the world and make it a better place."
Third year student
"I am surprised by the fact that we can do so much with so little time, especially when working together. This programme helped me to work on my time management skills and organisational skills.”
First year student
- UK students who are eligible for UWE Bristol Employability Bursary funding.
- International students who are enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course at UWE Bristol and currently resident in the UK.
Applications open on Tuesday 16 April 2024.