Glenside Sports Injury Clinic
A student-led sports injury clinic providing a diverse range of rehabilitation services.
Welcome to Glenside Sports Injury Clinic
Sport rehabilitation focuses on understanding, preventing and treating sport and exercise-related injuries and musculoskeletal conditions.
We offer a range of services to assess and rehabilitate injuries that are common among athletes and active individuals.
The Glenside Sports Injury Clinic is managed by a team of BSc(Hons) Sport Rehabilitation students and is supported by experienced practitioners.
Who can use the clinic
We provide rehabilitation services for:
- UWE Bristol students and alumni
- UWE Bristol staff members
- members of the public.
What we can treat
Athletes and sports enthusiasts
Our primary focus is on sports injuries for everyone from recreational sports enthusiasts to high-performance professional athletes. Examples include:
- Muscle strains
- Joint/ligament injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Contusions and bruises
Non-athletic injury support
We can offer support to a broad range of non-athletic injuries, especially when those injuries involve the musculoskeletal system, soft tissue injuries or rehabilitation, including:
- Neck and back pain
- Hip, knee or ankle pain
- Repetitive stress injury
- Trauma-related injury
Types of treatment
Our services include:
- Injury assessment and diagnosis – thorough evaluation of the injury's cause, extent, and severity.
- Treatment planning – developing personalised treatment plans based on the specific injury and individual needs.
- Manual therapy – targeted hands-on techniques, such as massage, myofascial release, and joint mobilisations to improve mobility, range of motion, and promote healing.
- Exercise rehabilitation – gradual exercise progression for rebuilding strength and function, functional training to prepare athletes for activity resumption, and personalized exercises mimicking specific sport demands.
- Pain management – techniques to alleviate pain, including self-management strategies, and modalities like ice, heat and electrotherapy.
- Biomechanical analysis – assessing movement patterns to identify potential causes of pain or dysfunction, and to prevent future occurrences.
- Return-to-sport planning – creating a gradual reintegration plan to ensure athletes can safely return to their sport.
- Concussion management – specialised protocols for managing sports-related concussions.
Rehab Guru exercise prescription
Following your initial consultation at the clinic, you may receive specific exercise rehabilitation advice and/or self-management strategies. We use Rehab Guru, a comprehensive exercise prescription software that enables us to send you structured exercise programmes and educational materials.
Rehab Guru can be accessed by desktop PCs, tablets and smartphones and there is no need to download anything or create an account. Access is included in the cost of your appointment.
Booking an appointment
Appointments are available on Mondays and Thursdays between 09:00 and 16:00.
- An initial appointment will take up to one hour.
- Follow-up appointments will be scheduled for 45 minutes.
How to book
Complete the booking request form via the following link and a member of our team will be in contact.
|UWE Bristol staff, students and alumni||£4.50|
|External clients (public)||£8|
|UWE Bristol athlete concussion assessment/management/screening||Free|
What to bring to your appointment
To provide you with the best possible care, please bring to your appointment:
- appropriate clothing for the area to be assessed, for example gym shorts for lower limb, vest for upper limb or neck
- details of significant medical history
- a list of your current medications
- your GP's contact details.
How to find us
Glenside Campus is on several bus routes and is easily accessible by bike. Find out more about travel to and from our campuses.
Parking spaces are very limited and require a valid UWE Bristol parking permit, so we recommend using other transport.