The West of England Institute of Technology
UWE Bristol is an anchor partner in the West of England Institute of Technology.
Developing the skills of tomorrow
UWE Bristol is an anchor partner in the West of England Institute of Technology, which delivers higher-level technical education for the digital, engineering and health sectors. By working together with further education providers and employers, we are opening up opportunities to a diverse range of learners and equipping businesses for the future.
Across the partnership we offer a range of options that provide clear routes to highly skilled careers, whether you are continuing from further education or looking to upskill or reskill. With backing by employers and investment in state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, you can be confident you are developing the skills needed tomorrow.
Institutes of Technology are a new type of institution funded by the government, bringing together employers and education providers to meet this demand. The world of work is changing fast, driven by new and disruptive technologies. As job roles change and new ones are created, higher technical skills are increasingly in demand.
UWE Bristol courses offered
We currently offer the below courses as part of the West of England Institute of Technology:
- Aerospace Engineer Degree Apprenticeship (Level 6)
- Manufacturing Engineer Degree Apprenticeship (Level 6)
Digital and High Technology
Health and Life Sciences
Investing in excellent facilities
Through the Institute of Technology, we're investing in state-of-the-art facilities:
- Cyber skills support including specialist cyber networking equipment
- Aerospace and mechanical engineering laboratory and electronic simulation systems
- Nursing patient simulators, diagnostic radiography X-Ray unit, virtual imaging systems and immersive interactive simulators
- Biological science specialist equipment including nutrient analysers and high-performing chromatograph systems