Eligibility for HHP Plus
Information on which students are eligible for Heading Higher Passport Plus.
HHP Plus is designed for learners studying A Levels, BTEC Diplomas and other Level 3 qualifications. UWE Bristol is committed to widening access to those currently under-represented in higher education. HHP Plus UCAS tariff benefits apply to all undergraduate programmes of study.
To be eligible for the scheme, learners must:
- Have the potential to succeed at degree level.
- Attend an approved HHP Plus partner school or college.
- Meet one or more of the following criteria:
- live in an area with low progression to higher education, or in a Low Participation Neighbourhood (PDF)
- be in the care of a local authority, or be a care leaver
- identify themselves as disabled* – this includes long-term health conditions or learning support needs such as dyslexia
- have refugee status
- identify themselves as belonging to a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) group – this includes all categories except 'White British'
- be the first in the family to attend university (i.e. parents have not completed a degree in the UK or overseas)
- need to study locally for an identified health, social or cultural reason
- have a family household income of less than £25,000 per year
- be a service child (a service child, as defined by the SCiP Alliance, is: 'A person whose parent, or carer, serves in the regular armed forces, or as a reservist, or has done at any point during the first 25 years of that person’s life.').
* As defined in the Disabled Student Allowance guidance.