Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Optometry
Healthcare teaching opportunities in the School of Health and Wellbeing.
We’re looking for lecturers in optometry to join us at our beautiful Glenside Campus in Bristol to teach, support and assess students.
What you’ll need:
- a high level of insight into contemporary optometry practice
- experience of teaching and assessment in higher, further or continuing education/clinical practice
- knowledge of the contemporary theories and concepts that underpin optometry practice
- to be registered and practicing as an Optometrist or Orthoptist on the GOC professional register
- to have achieved, be working towards or willing to undertake a master's degree in a health/education related subject
- evidence of the continuing professional development you’ve done in your current role
- a recognised teaching qualification or be willing to work towards one.
If you are new to teaching but can demonstrate the required experience, we’d like to hear from you. We will provide training and support you to develop your teaching skills.
"A UK university was my dream job and I found it here at UWE. Love working here with this friendly team."
Shanthi Lecturer in Adult Nursing
Training and benefits
We have a generous holiday allowance of 35 days plus up to 12.5 bank holidays/closure days and offer hybrid working.
If you don't have a teaching qualification, we can offering training (a post-graduate qualification) and a reduction in workload to help you achieve this.
Find out more about the training and benefits for teaching roles in the School of Health and Social Wellbeing.Training and benefits
Register your interest
Arrange a callback from our resourcing team to find out more about the Optometry roles and ask any questions you may have before you complete an application.