Upper Floors film
Watch a snippet of our film. The full 26-minute version is available to purchase.
This film describes the various forms of upper floor structure that are likely to be found in both existing and new housing. It explains the evolution of modern practice and highlights precautions necessary to prevent premature failure. The second half of the film explores the specific design problems of floors in purpose-built flats.
- Victorian and Edwardian floors
- construction details of modern timber floors; support, trimming, strutting, restraint
- pre-cast concrete floors; soud insulation and fire protection
- floor and ceiling finishes.
- It is 26 minutes long and is available in WMV, Flash and Quicktime formats.
- Copyright UWE Bristol 1999; updated 2006