Search the library and a range of databases for standards.
Find standards using the library search
Many standards (including British Standards and IEEE standards) can be found using the library search.Standards search
Databases containing standards
UWE Bristol Library subscribes to these databases containing standards:
- British Standards - an electronic database consisting of the full text of most of the British Standards plus more than 16,000 BSI adopted European and international standards.
- Construction Information Service contains standards of relevance to the UK built environment industry.
- IEEE Xplore is a worldwide database providing access to nearly 3,000 standards.
These are some other useful websites that will allow you to search for standards, however UWE Bristol Library does not subscribe to them so access to the full text will be limited:
- ANSI Online includes a searchable database of over 11,000 approved American National Standards.
- ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials).
- The International Standards Organisation is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies, providing information from 130 countries. Some of these standards have been adopted as British Standards and therefore can be searched and accessed through the British Standards database.