Research ethics policies, procedures and guidance
Policies, procedures and guidance for research ethical approval, including research with human tissue.
Policies and procedures
- University policy on research ethics (PDF)
- Operating procedures for the review of student projects (PDF)
- Ethical approval appeal process (PDF)
- Applying for retrospective ethics approval (PDF)
- The Human Tissue Quality Management system
- University safeguarding policy
- Data Protection Standard for Research - incorporating GDPR (staff login required)
- GDPR templates:
- Use of animals in research
UWE Bristol internal resources for researchers
- Research governance
- Lone working (DOC)
- Risk assessment (requires staff login)
- Overseas travel risk assessment (DOC) and associated guide for international travel (requires staff login)
- Guidance on safety of social researchers (DOC)
- Research data management
- Information Security Toolkit
- Guidance on research data security
- Human tissue research and teaching
- Code of Good Research Conduct
- Qualtrics; see guidance on Online forms and survey tools (requires staff login)
- Association of Internet Researchers
Ethics guides produced by AoIR, an academic association committed to ensuring that research on and about the internet is conducted in an ethical manner.
- DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
This service helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children.
- ESRC Framework for Research Ethics
- Horizon 2020
The requirements for ethical compliance for all EU-funded research.
- UK Data Archive
The UK's largest collection of social and economic data (acquisition, curation and access provider).
- NHS Health Research Authority (HRA)