Appearance Matters 9 Online Conference themes
Conference themes and abstract submissions (oral and poster).
The Appearance Matters conference provides a forum specifically to highlight current research, theory and good practice around all appearance-related issues.
We are thrilled to welcome the submission of abstracts for oral presentations which explore the impact and experience of the COVID-19 pandemic in relation to body image and appearance issues.
We also welcome abstract submissions for poster presentations which relate to any aspect of appearance (i.e., they do not have to relate to the COVID-19 pandemic), including the themes below:
- Body image
- Visible difference
- Conditions, injuries or treatments affecting appearance e.g. burns, craniofacial and skin conditions, cancer, etc.
- Disordered eating and weight-related issues
- Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
- Gender, sexuality, identity, age and ethnicity
- Appearance-based stigma and discrimination
- Social and cultural influences
- Interventions and service provision
- Health promotion, public health and social policy
- Research methods and ethics
- Theory and models
We welcome all research methodologies, e.g. quantitative, qualitative, mixed method.
Oral presentations should be 15 minutes long. You will be asked to pre-record your presentation.
Posters will be on display on the conference platform. You will be asked to prepare and upload your poster presentation to the platform.
Submit your abstract
All presenters must be registered for the conference by 1 June 2021.
Please submit your abstract using the online submission portal link below.