The University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is delighted to announce the recipients of Honorary Degrees for the summer graduation ceremonies week commencing 22 July at Bristol Cathedral.
Spanning areas of expertise and leadership across architecture, film, engineering, sustainability and inclusivity, all the recipients are being recognised for outstanding achievements in their chosen fields.
The list of Honorary Graduates for week beginning 22 July:
· Fiona Francombe (pictured), Honorary Degree of Doctor of Arts - in recognition of Fiona's exceptional contribution to film and TV production
· Hugh Robjohns, Honorary Degree of Doctor of Technology - in recognition of Hugh's service to the public understanding of science and technology
· Jane Duncan, Honorary Degree of Doctor of Design - in recognition of Jane's pioneering work on sustainability, fire safety and increased diversity in architecture
· Joshua Wintersgill, Honorary Degree of Masters of Technology - in recognition of Joshua's contribution to inclusivity for students and the wider public
· Mohammed Saddiq, Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science - in recognition of Mohammed's outstanding contribution to enhancing the sustainable development of Bristol through your leadership of the Bristol Green Capital Partnership and GENeco
Vice-Chancellor of UWE Bristol, Professor Steve West said:
“We are extremely proud to be conferring Honorary Degrees on all of these exceptional individuals in our summer graduation ceremonies this year. Every single one of them has demonstrated true leadership, skill and visionary thinking to make an incredible and lasting impact in their areas of work, and I know that they will inspire and encourage our graduates as they take their first steps into their chosen careers.
“I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all of our students graduating over the next two weeks, and I hope they and their families have a fantastic graduation day.”
For full biographies and images of any of the UWE Bristol Honorary Graduates, please contact email@example.com