Passport and visa checking
Information for international students about getting passports and visas checked.
Visas and registration
If you need a visa to study in the UK, we’ll need to check and scan your documents as soon as you arrive and every year after that. We can do this once you have completed your online registration.
We’ll have a Welcome Hub on Frenchay Campus for you to have your passport, visa and qualifications checked.
Please note: qualification checking is required for all PGCE courses and for Primary Education (ITE). If you’re studying on one of these courses, please bring your original qualifications and English Language qualification.
Details for what to do on arrival for the 2020/2021 academic year will be communicated closer to the time.
What to bring
You'll need to bring the following:
- your passport, visa and/or Biometric Residence Permit (if you already have one)*
- a copy of your offer letter from UWE Bristol.
If applicable, you’ll be told if you need to bring these:
- original IELTS/English Language qualification certificate
- a hard copy of the qualifications listed on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies statement.
You'll also need to bring a method of payment if you haven't yet paid your course fees. If you're being sponsored for your course fees, please bring a copy of your sponsorship letter.
* If you've chosen for your Biometric Residence Permit to be delivered to UWE Bristol you can collect it during the in-person registration.
View further information about Biometric Residence Permit collection.