Passport and visa checking
Information for international students about getting passports and visas checked.
Visas and registration
If you need a visa to study in the UK, we’ll need to check and scan your documents.
We have a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) Hub on Frenchay Campus for you to have your passport scanned and you can collect your BRP.
Passport Check and BRP Collection Point
Our Passport Check and BRP Collection Point is located in Room 1D15, D Block, on Frenchay Campus.
- We are monitoring BRP deliveries and all cards are being kept in a secure location.
- BRP cards must be collected by appointment only.
- We will send out instructions to your UWE Bristol email address of how to arrange an appointment. You will need activate your UWE User ID for your UWE email address to be set up.
- You will be contacted via email when your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is ready to collect. Don’t worry if you don’t get an email straight away - it can take some time between getting your visa and UWE Bristol receiving your BRP.
- If you are currently self-isolating, you must choose an appointment slot which is outside your 10 day isolation period
- Guidance on how to self-isolate is available at the gov.uk website.
- View a list of self-isolation exempted countries (travel corridors).
What to bring
You'll need to bring the following:
- your passport, visa and/or Biometric Residence Permit (if you already have one)
- a copy of your offer letter from UWE Bristol.
View further information about Biometric Residence Permit collection.