Get 24/7 support
If you have urgent concerns about the welfare of a student or need support yourself, please contact the Serious Concerns Line.
Get in touch
The University has a team of student support officers providing support out of hours, in addition to the broad range of day time support services already available.
Student support officers are available:
- Monday to Friday – 19:00 every evening to 07:00 every morning
- Saturday and Sunday – 24 hours a day during term time.
Speak to a student support officer
Call our Serious Concerns line on +44 (0)117 32 84000 any time of the day or night if you:
- want to speak to someone
- have urgent concerns about the welfare of another student.
Other ways you can access support
SHOUT text support service
Text ‘UWE’ to 85258 if you are in distress. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
AWP 24/7 mental health response helpline
Call +44 (0)800 95 3919 if you are worried about your own or someone else's mental health.
The helpline is staffed by experienced counsellors, who you can:
- offer emotional support
- connect you to organisations available in the local area
- arrange for a translator to support your call if English is not your first language.
Muslim Youth Helpline (MYH)
Muslim Youth Helpline is an emotional support helpline that supports clients of all backgrounds by providing a listening ear.
You can contact them by email, phone, or live chat.
- Opening hours: Monday to Sunday – 16:00 to 22:00, 365 days a year, including Bank Holidays and Eid.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpline: +44 (0)808 80 82008
Mental health resource for people in Bristol and the surrounding areas, providing information, signposting, advocacy, low-cost counselling and a hate crime service.
- Opening hours: Wednesday to Sunday – 19:00 to 23:00.
- Helpline:+44 (0)808 808 2008
Trans+ and non-binary MindLine