Fashion that's a cut above
Our stylish fashion studios and workshops are located at Bower Ashton on our City Campus and are home to all the industry-leading equipment you need. From 3D scanners to digital embroidery machines, you’ll have access to everything.
What's waiting for you?
The Sewing Suite
- Two sewing rooms - where you can sew and make using soft materials and fabrics.
- Industrial and domestic machinery - suitable for everything from leather and accessories to T-shirts and tailoring.
The Knit Room
- Experiment with different machinery and techniques - produce innovative and inspiring knitted textiles.
- Get proficient and push boundaries - using industrial hand flat and domestic flat bed machines.
- Create knitted fabrics and samples.
Digital Embroidery Space
- Access the three digital embroidery machines and wilcom software.
Fabrication Laser Space
- Produce creative items - pattern cutting laser, for everything from making belt buckles through to 3D printing.
- Industry-standard 3D scanners.
- Resin printing machines.
- Laser cutters.
Good to know: Facilities are just the start. Skill-sharing and guidance from incredibly skilled technical instructors will unlock your creativity and help you hone the technical skills to make ideas reality.
Collaboration with other creatives
- Print centre - try screen printing paper and textiles, digital printing, lithography, etching, typography, heat-transfer printing, dyes and dye technology, fabric manipulation and more.
- Fabrication centre - the place to embrace traditional and contemporary making processes and intermingle them. Exciting equipment and processes to explore in your work including casting, metal fabrication and 3D printing.
- Drawing centre studio - supports traditional drawing, including life models and still life. The drawing area also enables and supports digital drawing, using virtual reality equipment and iPad.
- Digital design studios - comprehensive Mac resources at Bower Ashton, City Campus at Arnolfini and City Campus at Spike Island where you can use Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office and a range of specialist software.
- Art shop - The art shop at Bower Ashton Campus stocks a wide range of high-quality artist materials and products at excellent value for money.
- Central Loans Desk - where you can hire equipment from a well stocked loans desk.
- Student Project Coordinators - this is a dedicated personal service to help you get the right technical help and support to create your work.