Fashion that's a cut above
Our stylish fashion studios and workshops are located at Bower Ashton on our City Campus and are home to all the industry-leading equipment you need. From 3D scanners to digital embroidery machines, you'll have access to everything.
Take a tour of our Fashion facilities
Immerse yourself in our Fashion facilities by viewing our 360° images below. Move between different rooms and spaces by using the arrows or menu bar on the top left, and use the controls or your cursor to explore the images. You can also expand to full screen using the icon on the bottom left of the images.
What's waiting for you?
The Sewing Suite
- Two sewing rooms - where you can sew and make using soft materials and fabrics.
- Industrial and domestic machinery - suitable for everything from leather and accessories to T-shirts and tailoring.
The Knit Room
- Experiment with different machinery and techniques - produce innovative and inspiring knitted textiles.
- Get proficient and push boundaries - using industrial hand flat and domestic flat bed machines.
- Create knitted fabrics and samples.
Digital Embroidery Space
- Access the three digital embroidery machines and wilcom software.
Fabrication Laser Space
- Produce creative items - pattern cutting laser, for everything from making belt buckles through to 3D printing.
- Industry-standard 3D scanners.
- Resin printing machines.
- Laser cutters.
Good to know: Facilities are just the start. Skill-sharing and guidance from incredibly skilled technical instructors will unlock your creativity and help you hone the technical skills to make ideas reality.
Collaboration with other creatives
- Print centre - try screen printing paper and textiles, digital printing, lithography, etching, typography, heat-transfer printing, dyes and dye technology, fabric manipulation and more.
- Fabrication centre - the place to embrace traditional and contemporary making processes and intermingle them. Exciting equipment and processes to explore in your work including casting, metal fabrication and 3D printing.
- Drawing centre studio - supports traditional drawing, including life models and still life. The drawing area also enables and supports digital drawing, using virtual reality equipment and iPad.
- Digital design studios - comprehensive Mac resources at Bower Ashton, City Campus at Arnolfini and City Campus at Spike Island where you can use Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office and a range of specialist software.
- Art shop - The art shop at Bower Ashton Campus stocks a wide range of high-quality artist materials and products at excellent value for money.
- Central Loans Desk - where you can hire equipment from a well stocked loans desk.
- Student Project Coordinators - this is a dedicated personal service to help you get the right technical help and support to create your work.
You may also be interested in
Our Fashion courses include: Fashion Communication and Fashion Textiles Find out why you should study a Fashion degree at UWE Bristol.
Our Art courses include: Illustration, Fine Art and more. Find out why you should study an Art degree at UWE Bristol.
On our design courses, you'll work on live briefs, be inspired by study visits and benefit from our extensive industry links, both in buzzing Bristol and further afield.
Filmmaking, Animation and Photography
Our courses include: Animation, Filmmaking, Photography, Wildlife Filmmaking and more.