Global College of Engineering and Technology
In partnership with UWE Bristol, Global College of Engineering and Technology (GCET) in the Sultanate of Oman delivers engineering, computing and environmental management degrees.
GCET is a private higher education Institution founded in 2014 that specialises in engineering and technology education. It delivers a hands-on approach to learning and teaching. It is regulated by the Ministry of Higher Education and affiliated with us on a franchise basis.
Our partnership commenced in 2017, proving to be a great success as GCET's student population has already grown immensely. The college intends to create more courses in collaboration with us.
GCET is located in Muscat, the capital city of the Sultanate of Oman. Muscat lies on the Arabian Sea along the Gulf of Oman. Offering a huge number of natural and cultural resorts as well as famous sights and interesting museums.
The college works with major employers and professional bodies in the region and works to grow the engineering and technology skills needed for Oman to achieve its strategic aims.
- BEng(Hons) Mechanical Engineering and Vehicle Technology
- BEng(Hons) Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- BEng(Hons) Automation and Robotics Engineering
- BEng(Hons) Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- BEng(Hons) Software Engineering
- BSc(Hons) Computer Security and Forensics
- BSc(Hons) Environmental Technology and Management
- BSc(Hons) Business Computing
- BSc(Hons) Urban and Regional Planning
- BEng(Hons) Building Services Engineering
- BSc(Hons) Architectural Technology and Design (approved by UWE Bristol, awaiting approval from MoHE)
- MSc Engineering Management
- MSc Data Science
Further information about these courses can be found at GCET.
GCET offer their own Foundation Studies Programme (FSP) to prepare students for their undergraduate studies in English medium. This includes general English, English for Academic Purpose, ICT, Mathematics and Physics.