At UWE Bristol we are proud of our international reputation. With a thriving international community of students from over 140 countries worldwide, we are the perfect UK university to study at.
Entry requirements - India
Current students from India choose to study an array of courses across multiple disciplines including Robotics, Wildlife Filmmaking, MBAs, and Sports and Exercise Psychology. Many of our courses are relevant to growing areas of industry across India making UWE Bristol a popular choice with students.
The experienced UWE Bristol International team will be happy to give you advice on the suitability of your qualifications for your chosen course.
Qualifications listed under each heading may satisfy UWE Bristol entry requirements to that level of study. This is not a guarantee of an offer of a place, which is at the University’s discretion.
Entry onto foundation courses
If you do not meet the requirements for our Art and Design undergraduate degree courses, you may be considered for a foundation degree. You can find more information on the creative industries foundation courses available.
If you do not meet the requirements for our other undergraduate degree courses, you may be considered for a foundation or international year one course at our International College.
Upon successful completion, these courses offer guaranteed entry onto a UWE Bristol undergraduate degree course.
Entry onto undergraduate courses
Higher Secondary School Certificate/Indian School Certificate (standard XII) from the following boards CBSE/CISCE/WBCHSEB with 65% including grade C in at least five subjects. Students with lower grades may be considered for entry onto a foundation degree.
Applicants who have standard IIX from other state boards should contact the International Development Office for further information. If you have studied A-levels or International Baccalaureate, further information on entry requirements can be found on our course listing.
The requirements listed above are the minimum requirement for entrance to UWE Bristol; competitive courses may have higher requirements.
Entry onto postgraduate courses
Entry requirements for postgraduate courses vary from institution to institution and have been determined by both the length of the degree and the section of university (as defined by the NOOSR list):
- NOOSR Section 1 – 48% for a three–four year degree, 45% from a five-year degree.
- Section 1 includes: Alagappa University, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Amity, Amrita Institute of Management, Anna university, Banaras hindu University, Bangalore University, Bharathiar University, Birla Institute of Technology, Board of Technical Education, Chennai University, D Y Patil, Delhi University, English and Foreign Language University, Guru Nanak Dev University, IIM, IIT, IIS, Kolkata University, Mumbai University, Pune University.
- These are the most common universities, but please see NOOSR for complete list.
- NOOSR Section 2 – 55% for all degrees
- Section 3 – 60% for all degrees.
- The government agenda is to introduce the GPA system by 2020, but some institutions have already done so. In the event of an institution adopting the GPA system, then the following GPAs will apply:
- Section 1 – 2.6 GPA
- Section 2 – 2.8 GPA
- Section 3 – 3.0 GPA.
Please note: Where UWE Bristol has an academic agreement in place with an institution, greater flexibility in entry requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate courses may apply as outlined in those agreements.
English language requirements
To study at UWE Bristol you must demonstrate that your English level is high enough for university study. We accept a number of different Secure English Language Tests (SELT) for entry onto our degree courses, with IELTS being the most common. English language requirements vary slightly from subject to subject.
We also accept the following local qualification (please note this may vary for some courses):
- Higher Secondary School Certificate/Indian School Certificate – Standard XII from CBSE/CISCE/WBCHSEB: English Language – 70%
Please visit our English language pages for the list of other acceptable English language qualifications.
What to do if you don't meet our entry requirements
If you do not quite meet our entry requirements, our International College offers a range of university preparation courses to teach you all you need to progress to UWE Bristol. We also have a pre-sessional English language course to get your English skills up to the standard required for entry to UWE Bristol.
For UWE Bristol enquiries, please contact our expert:
Country manager, - Bhutan, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka
We have a large number of agents representing us across India and so please do contact us if you want further details.
Every year we offer a large number of scholarships to international students. Take a look at the full list of UWE Bristol International scholarships to find out more.
You may also want to consider other scholarships available from organisations independent of UWE Bristol.