Student Experience Grant
The Student Experience Grant supports extra-curricular activities that enhance the student experience such as trips and events both on and off the UWE Bristol campus.
About the grant
The Student Experience Grant supports extra-curricular activities that enhance the student experience such as trips and events both on and off the UWE Bristol campus. We encourage applications where the number of students who benefit is as large as possible.
Student Experience Grants are awarded to projects that help to achieve the following aims:
- benefit students’ extra-curricular activities, academic studies or career prospects
- meet a genuine financial need (projects should demonstrate the difference receiving funding will make)
- encourage students to develop one or more of the UWE Bristol graduate attributes
- maximise impact on the wider student community (impact on a minimum of 15 students).
Typically grants range from £500 - £1,000, although grants of up to £3,000 will be considered.
Applications must be from a current UWE Bristol student.
A couple of examples of projects awarded a Student Experience Grant include:
- Drama Society play - We awarded a grant to the Drama Society that helped purchase props and costumes for their performance at Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Valuable professional experience was gained by all those involved, boosting their employability and confidence.
- Wheelchair basketball - Our grant funded 12 wheelchairs to enable individuals who may have a disability to play against their peers.
"“The wheelchairs you funded have made a huge difference. We’ve already had 750 children from 49 schools use them as part of our Disability Sport Programme. Students have been able to get involved in a new sport. Thank you."
Alex Head of Sport