UWE Bristol Employability Bursary
This bursary is available to students undertaking certain employability activities.
About the bursary
The new UWE Bristol Employability Bursary aims to support students to access a range of activities, which will add significant value to the student experience, but also empower students to achieve better graduate outcomes.
There are 500 bursaries of £1,000 available in academic year 2019/2020. The bursary is allocated on a first come first serve basis. This will be in addition to the UWE Bursary and will be paid as a lump sum of £1,000. You can only receive one Employability Bursary per year.
This bursary is for students who are currently in receipt of the UWE Bursary or UK and EU students who have a household income of £25,000 or less, who wish to undertake an eligible employability activity (please see list below).
Please note you must apply for and secure one of these activities before completing the bursary form. Payment cannot be made unless your place has been confirmed by the provider and approved by UWE Bristol.
The following activities are eligible:
- placements (ten weeks or longer to link with financial regulations on fees and funding including self-employed placements)
- Enterprise Summer Scholarships
- UWE Bristol Undergraduate Internships
- Spain Internships
- Pagoda projects
- East African Playgrounds
- SLV Global
- Think Pacific
- UWE Exchange Partner Summer Schools
- Study Abroad (Student exchange)
- Project Zulu
- DAIGO Daughter of Africa
- UWE Global Water Security Programme
- Global Planning and Development Emersion (GDPE) Programme.
How to apply
Bursary applications for 2019/2020 are now open and will close on 31 July 2020.
- Choose your activity and apply for your chosen role or place (see linked options above).
- Once you’ve secured your activity and it has been approved by UWE Bristol, you can then submit your bursary form.
- Please complete the bursary form and email to email@example.com.
- You will be contacted via email to confirm whether your bursary application has been successful and to advise when the payment will be made.
Please note: Bursary applications for 2019/2020 will close on 31 July 2020. Any student who secures an opportunity after 31 July 2020 to be undertaken in academic year 2020/2021, eg a sandwich placement, will be eligible to apply in the next application round, which will open on 1 August 2020.