Best Practice Award
Nominate a practitioner who has provided excellent support for health and social care students while on placement.
The Best Practice Award nomination can be made for an individual practitioner or a team or part of a service.
Winners will receive £100 of gift tokens and a certificate.
The person/people you nominate need to fulfil the below criteria:
- Uses knowledge of the student’s stage of learning to select appropriate learning opportunities to meet individual needs
- Able to meet individual learning needs by employing a range of facilitation approaches
- Able to foster an effective learning environment
- Demonstrates the qualities of an effective role model
- Communicates honestly with students in order to provide constructive feedback on role performance
- Supports students in enhancing their performance and capabilities for safe and effective practice and is clear and constructive in action planning
- Identifies and applies research and evidence-based information nursing practice
- Demonstrates an understanding of practice assessment strategies
- Able to make fair and just decisions in regard to a student’s practice knowledge and competence
Make a nomination
Nominations can be made by students, a member of staff in the faculty or colleagues in practice. They can be made across fields. For example, a physiotherapy student could nominate an occupational therapy practitioner or a paramedic could nominate an emergency department sister.
Each nomination will be judged on its own merits by a panel consisting of at least a member of the programme team, a student and a practitioner. The panel will use the criteria as a measure.