Best Practice Award
Nominate a practitioner who has provided excellent support for health and social care students while on placement.
The Best Practice Award nomination can be made for an individual practitioner or a team or part of a service.
Winners will receive £100 of gift tokens and a certificate.
The person/people you nominate need to fulfil the below criteria:
- Uses knowledge of the student’s stage of learning to select appropriate learning opportunities to meet individual needs
- Able to meet individual learning needs by employing a range of facilitation approaches
- Able to foster an effective learning environment
- Demonstrates the qualities of an effective role model
- Communicates honestly with students in order to provide constructive feedback on role performance
- Supports students in enhancing their performance and capabilities for safe and effective practice and is clear and constructive in action planning
- Identifies and applies research and evidence-based information nursing practice
- Demonstrates an understanding of practice assessment strategies
- Able to make fair and just decisions in regard to a student’s practice knowledge and competence
The full award description (PDF) or award presentation poster (PDF) has further information.
Make a nomination
Nominations can be made by students, a member of staff in the college or colleagues in practice. They can be made across fields. For example, a physiotherapy student could nominate an occupational therapy practitioner or a paramedic could nominate an emergency department sister.
Nominations are currently open until Monday 28 June 2021. Please return the completed nomination form (DOC) and return to Lisa.Stenner@uwe.ac.uk.
Each nomination will be judged on its own merits by a panel consisting of at least a member of the programme team, a student and a practitioner. The panel will use the criteria as a measure.
You may also be interested in
College of Health, Science and Society
The College of Health, Science and Society is a large, diverse and dynamic part of the University, bringing together experts from Health and Social Wellbeing, Applied Sciences, Education and Social Sciences
School of Health and Social Wellbeing
The School of Health and Social Wellbeing is home to all our courses and research related to this varied and rewarding sector.