Take a tour of our Printmaking facilities
Take a look at our facilities by viewing our 360° images below. Move around the space by using the controls or your cursor to explore the images. You can also expand to full screen using the icon on the bottom left of the images.
The printmaking studios are welcoming spaces open to all. You will be working alongside students from all levels and courses so our studios offer the perfect opportunity for inter-disciplinary practice.
The knowledgeable, friendly Printmaking Instructors will work with you to satisfy the individual needs of your project. You will be able to learn how to print limited editions, multiples, books, posters, zines, printed ceramics - the only limit is your imagination. In Printmaking at UWE Bristol the digital and traditional analogue print processes work together harmoniously.
The Printmaking Centre is divided into five studios:
- The Etching Studio supports many aspects of intaglio printmaking such as drypoint, aquatint and many other related processes such as embossing.
- The Lithography Studio offers traditional stone and offset photographic litho.
- The Screenprinting Studio has eight vacuum tables for work up to A1+ on paper and many other substrates such as wood, metal, ceramic and glass using water-based inks and transfers.
- Printed Textiles provides water-based photo-silkscreen process for fabric and other substrates well as dye technology and heat transfer.
- Relief Printing contains letterpress and albion presses dating back to the 1850s which are mainly used for lino, woodcut and mono-printing.
A playground of facilities, ideas, techniques and technical support when it comes to printing on textiles. From traditional skills to new technologies, make your mark using:
- Water-based photo-silkscreen process for fabric and other substrates
- Heat transfer printing
- Dyes and dye technology
- Fabric manipulation, surface decoration and embellishment
- Specialist techniques in print/dye process and finishing
- Photo transfer printing for fabric
We’re well equipped with facilities including resources for photo silk screen production, colour mixing areas, an atmospheric steamer room, a dye winch room, a heat transfer press, and – of course – washing machines and industrial dryers.