PrintWorks Shop and Postal Service
The PrintWorks Shop is a professional printing and binding service for students and staff. It is run by the Printing and Stationery service.
Please note: The UWE Bristol Printing and Stationery Service and PrintWorks Shop are closed until further notice. If you have any queries during this time please email email@example.com and someone will respond to your email as soon as possible. For details on coronavirus related closures and updates please visit the main changes to services page.
Remember to allow extra time for printing
During busy assignment hand-in times the Printworks Shop gets really busy and there could be queues. Our turnaround times may be longer than normal (up to two days). We know you are all working to deadlines and we will be doing our very best to meet these for you but please allow plenty of time for printing and/or binding. Don't leave it until the last minute if at all possible to avoid disappointment. Thank you.
Information for staff
More details on the PrintWorks service can be found on the staff intranet (log in required).
PrintWorks - our services
We can help you with all of your printing needs and can be a one-stop shop for your requirements. High-quality customer service is our main aim, with a dedicated team who will answer your print-related questions using their years of experience in the trade.
Services we offer
- Postal Service
- Business stationery – letterheads, compliment slips, business cards
- Advertising stationery – tickets, calendars, posters, flyers, menus, etc
- Club programmes, raffle tickets, event tickets
- Business forms – NCR sets, pads and books
- Conference materials – folders, flyers, invitation cards, posters and banners
- High-quality book printing
- Dissertation and thesis binding
- Postcards and Christmas cards
- Mailing and fulfilment
- Confidential Work
- Wide format printing – banners, posters, banner stands etc
- T-shirt and clothing printing
- Badges, mugs and other promotional items
We have extensive in-house finishing options available which include:
- perfect binding
- digcoil binding
- booklet production
- stapling of various types
- hand finishing operations
Your confidential work will be safe in our hands. Our staff are extensively trained on the requirements of the Data Protection Act. Before you pass Personal Data to us we will sign a data processing agreement, specifying the use of the data and requiring us to delete the data after use. We have robust processes in place to manage personal data securely.
Preparing your files for print
We prefer to receive your file in PDF format.
All images should be saved at 300dpi (dots per inch) at finished size and all colours should be saved in CMYK. Artwork supplied with low dpi will result in your printing looking pixelated.
For more information, read our guide on how to set up your files (PDF).
If you need more help with preparing your files for print, please drop in and see us in 4D30, Level 4, Frenchay Library.
Providing a comprehensive price list is difficult due to the infinite combinations of paper weight, paper finish, size, number of pages, number of copies and how the printed pages are bound.
We have a basic price guide for posters and Dissertation Print and Bind services (PDF).
Contact us for a free estimate
Please contact us with your requirements and we will be happy to provide an estimate free of charge. If you need advice on any printing needs, we will be happy to help.
Tel: +44 (0)117 32 84670
Address and directions
Printing and Stationery Services
Monday to Thursday: 08:30–17:00
Tel: +44 (0)117 32 87548
Address and directions
Room 4D30 Level 4, Library
Monday to Friday: 10:00–16:00 - Term time only
What about other student printing?
Whether it’s essays or leaflets and brochures for your start-up, you’ll be able to print affordably.
- Pharos is a simple printing services attached to you student computer account. Add credit to your account, then print from any student computer in UWE Bristol.
- Learn more about printing and copying facilities at the Library.
- The Digital Print Bureau is based in 0C08, Bower Ashton Studios, City Campus. They offer laser, wide format, vinyl, acetate, banner and digital fabric printing, plus a guillotine service.
- Large scale printing for A0, A1 and A2 sizes is also available at Frenchay Campus.