Audio and Music Technology facilities
Dedicated music studios, digital resources and industry standard equipment.
What's waiting for you?
Dedicated music facilities
- Acoustic isolation chamber.
- Dedicated music studios and post-production suites with stereo and surround capabilities.
- Mobile recording vehicle.
- Two dedicated lecture theatres with high-end audio.
Our technical equipment matches your creativity and talent – play, explore, and create breathtaking soundscapes with kit including:
- Microphones - Neumann, AKG, Shure, Soundfield (SPS422B)
- Multichannel Interfaces - MOTU, M-Audio, Lexicon, Audient
- Multitrack and Handheld Recorders - TASCAM, Zoom.
Digital resources to develop creativity
- Mac Labs - iMacs, up-to-date programming and production software, and new audio equipment (Novation Impulse 49).
- Software - including Adobe Creative Collection, Tama Superstar Hyperdrive, Logic Pro X, Waves Gold Bundle, CLA Classic Compressors Bundle and Sibelius 8 Music Notation software.
- Digital creative suites - access industry-standard video and editing facilities, sound recording facilities, and all the latest design, animation and illustration packages.
- Ambisonic Microphones (Soundfield SPS200; Sennheisser Ambeo)
- East West Sample Library
- Avid Artist Mix Control Surface
- Allen and Heath and Soundcraft Location Mixers
- FMOD + Unity 3D
- iZotope RX
- ROLI Seaboard Rise 49
- Soundman Dummy Head and Roland Binaural Earphones
Good to know: workshops with specialist technicians are available to help you make the most of all the fantastic kit.
A Centre for Music for everyone
The Centre of Music is a great resource for musicians, music production, beat-making and DJing.
- Play in groups and take music lessons.
- Book rehearsal rooms and practice rooms.
- Be part of a community of passionate musicians and meet new collaborators.
Library and online resources
Our well-equipped Frenchay Campus library has a variety of resources to enhance your learning. You can also access journals, e-books and work books online.