CoStar Suite endeavours to provide a full market inventory of freehold and leasehold properties and spaces, covering the UK, US, and Canada. Searchable by market and submarket, with hundreds of details on each property, including photos, aerial maps, floor plans, stack plans and analytical tools.
Access the database
- Database is not included in the main library search
- Databases provided by UWE Bristol are for educational use only and should not be used for commercial corporate purposes or by unlicensed users
Registration to CoStar Suite required
- Email email@example.com from your UWE email address. (CoStar will only accept a UWE Bristol email address as evidence that you are a current student or employee of UWE Bristol.)
- Put in as the subject heading: "University of The West of England – CoStar Suite Access Request"
- In the body of the email, write your UWE Bristol email address, your full name, course name and course completion date
The CoStar customer service department will reply with login details and a password.
Any requests received at weekends (ie from 17:00 Fridays) will not be attended to until Monday 09:00.
For further queries the CoStar customer service number is +44 (0)20 7009 2900, or contact your Faculty Librarian.
Using CoStar Suite at the premises of a placement employer
Do not use your UWE Bristol log-in
The licence terms for CoStar Suite expressly forbid the use of your UWE Bristol login to access CoStar Suite whilst you are working for your placement employer. You can access CoStar Suite from your home, or from UWE Bristol premises, but you must not use any of the information or data gathered from this source (or any other UWE Bristol licensed resource) for the benefit of your employer. You may only use it to support your academic work.
Use your employer's subscription to CoStar
If your employer has their own subscription to CoStar Suite or CoStar Focus you should request that your employer contact the CoStar help desk to arrange access under their own subscription. You can then use your employer's subscription and associated login while you are on their premises and undertaking work for them.
CoStar monitors where users are connecting from and the login credentials being used. Therefore, if you use your UWE Bristol login inappropriately CoStar will detect the infringement of their license terms and withdraw the CoStar service for all UWE Bristol students.
Access from outside the UK
Although CoStar is available to students at partner institutions and distance learners, this is restricted to countries that CoStar would normally operate within. If you find you cannot access CoStar from the country you are in, you will need to use Estates Gazette Interactive (EGi) instead.
This resource does not currently have an accessibility statement.