UWE Bristol email
Accessing your UWE Bristol email account
UWE Bristol email is now hosted on the Office 365 platform. Office 365 currently offers students cloud-based email, calendar and contacts via Outlook Web App.
Log in to myUWE using your UWE Bristol username and password and click on UWE Email.
Important note: we do not recommend that you access your UWE Bristol email from any other links or sources (for example, a Google search).
When accessing Outlook for the first time, you will be asked to change the contrast settings, the language and time zone, if you wish.
You will also be asked to acknowledge and agree that Microsoft and UWE Bristol (both domain administrators) may access your account and its content and may suspend, terminate, or modify your account, by clicking OK.
You can access your email directly from Microsoft.
Your UWE Bristol email address
Your email address will look like this: email@example.com.
You can connect up to five other accounts, such as Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo! Learn about Connected Accounts.
How to update your password
When we first create your UWE Bristol email account, we use the same password as your UWE Bristol system password.
You can reset your password by using self-service password reset.
Setting up your email on your mobile device
- Install the Microsoft Outlook app from the app store.
- Select 'Mail, contact, calendars'.
- Enter your UWE Bristol password when asked.
- Go into Settings.
- Select 'Mail, contact, calendars'.
- Add account.
- Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your email address and password, and give the account a name.
- Click 'Next'.
- Server is:
- Student: outlook.office365.com
- Staff: owa.uwe.ac.uk
- Domain - leave blank.
- Username is:
- Student = email: eg “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Staff = log on: eg “j-bloggs”
- Click 'Next' and select the functions you need to sync to your device.
Only the official Microsoft Outlook app is supported when accessing your UWE Bristol email on Android.
- Install the Microsoft Outlook app from the play store.
- Tap 'Get started' and then enter your UWE Bristol email address then continue.
- Hit 'Activate' to give the outlook app admin privileges (device dependant).
- Tap 'Skip' to then enter your inbox.
Your mailbox quota is 99GB. When your mailbox reaches its limit, you won't be able to send new mail until you delete some existing content in your mailbox. To find out how much quota you've used:
- In the Navigation Pane, click Mail.
- Point to your name at the top of the folder list.
A window will appear that shows you the current size of your mailbox.
The default message size limit is 25MB.
Forwarding emails to a personal account
We do not recommend forwarding your UWE Bristol emails, as this can increase the chances of messages not being delivered to you. However, if you need to do this, you can use rules to automatically forward messages.
Important note: UWE Bristol accepts no responsibility should mail not be delivered to any external account not provided by us.
When you leave UWE Bristol
You will be able to access your UWE Bristol email account for a year after you leave the University.
Please refer to the final year student page for information about how to back up your account.
Outlook web app features
- feature-rich web browser access to your University email, calendar and contacts
- 99GB email quota and 25MB email attachments
- access to your email, contacts and calendar from anywhere including a broad range of ActiveSynch enabled phones
- schedule meetings quickly and easily with other students
- connect up to five other email accounts using the 'Connected Accounts' feature.
How to use Outlook web app
All the information you need to use the Outlook email can be found via Outlook Help.
- working with messages (Mail)
- using the calendar
- contacts and groups
- search for an item
- learn about deleted items
- email setup (use a variety of email programs to access you email account - including a Mac)
- inbox rules
- keyboard shortcuts
- Microsoft FAQs
- security and privacy.
Conditions of use
Microsoft's legal information and policies can be found on the following web pages:
Please also read and agree to follow the University’s Acceptable Use Policy.
The University reserves the right to remove any account found to be in breach of any of the policies above.