Nelson and Drake House
City centre accommodation.
Nelson and Drake House price range
£154.02 to £311.10 per week (see full cost options)
Price is dependent on room type
Nelson and Drake House
Urban as it comes yet well-connected to City, Frenchay and Glenside campuses, Nelson and Drake House offer a buzzing high-rise city-centre community.
Shops, bars, and the Old City's street markets and nightlife right on your doorstep.
Nelson and Drake House are managed by our partners Unite Students, and have recently been refurbished. Fresh rooms, a new common room, study room and courtyard mean you'll soon feel at home.
Why choose Nelson and Drake House?
- The most central accommodation – everything Bristol has to offer is in walking distance, including plenty of part-time work.
- Well-connected – on all the major bus routes, with a stop right outside for Frenchay campus.
In your room
- Three-quarter size beds
- Under bed storage
- Bedside cabinet
- Desk and chair
In the communal areas
- Fridge/freezers, microwave, oven and hob
- Breakfast bar and stools
- Iron and ironing board, vacuum, mop and bucket, dust pan and brush
- Internet access – ASK4
- TV point in the bedroom - but don't forget your TV Licence
- Bike storage
- Parking – no
- On site support
- 24/7 emergency contact centre
- Common room with pool table, table tennis and table football, sofa and TV, study area and separate study room, vending machines
- Free MyUnite app to log maintenance requests
Good to know: Nelson and Drake House is non-smoking throughout.
Nelson and Drake House accommodation gallery
Nelson and Drake House, Rupert Street, Bristol, BS1 2PZ.
1. Marketgate, Bond Street South, Bristol, BS1 3PG
If you are after city centre living, Marketgate is a great place to live if you’d prefer to be in the centre of a buzzing city.
2. Blenheim Court, Marlborough Street, BS1 3NW
Super-convenient transport. Close to part-time work opportunities. All-ensuite rooms. Vibrant lively neighbourhood.
3. Phoenix Court, Bond Street South, Old Market, Bristol, BS1 3PH
Fresh, bright, en-suite rooms. 120 shops and restaurants and a cinema on your doorstep. Frenchay Campus is easy to get to by bus.
4. Host Transom House, Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6AH
Ideal if you're studying at Spike Island or Arnolfini, the Old City and St Nicks Market are minutes away for amazing streetfood and lively nightlife. Great transport links, modern, airy rooms.
Accommodation costs are for 42 weeks.
|Room type||Annual rent||Cost per week|
|85 x classic (shared bathroom)||£6,468.84||£154.02|
|190 x premium (shared bathroom)||£6,468.84||£154.02|
|26 x premium en-suite||£6,683.04||£159.12|
|1 x self contained flat||£13,066.20||£311.10|
Insurance, provided by Endsleigh, is included in Nelson and Drake House accommodation costs.
You apply to Nelson and Drake House through the University and we allocate the rooms. Unite Students then issues your tenancy agreement and manages the residence.
How to apply for accommodation
When and how to apply for our UWE Bristol accommodation including information about our accommodation guarantee, how to pay, contract information and what happens after you apply.
Budgeting for accommodation is easier when you know what to expect – here's our guide to getting your new home sorted.