Positive experience for all
We want to ensure the best possible experience for all students and staff at UWE Bristol. We are working to ensure that our commitment to equality is reflected in the behaviour, values and practices throughout the University. We are actively seeking to promote a culture where discrimination, bullying and harassment of any student or member of staff is unacceptable.
The objectives and actions set out within the Single Equality Scheme action plan will help us realise our aims and ensure that equality and diversity is embedded in everything that we do.
- The Students’ Union has a lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT+) Officer and a Trans Officer. The Students’ Union at UWE's flourishing LGBT+ Student Society represents LGBT+ students and holds events throughout the year. For more information on trans student support, please take a look at our trans policy and guidance.
- UWE Cares can support students who have become estranged from their parents. You may be eligible for the UWE Cares enhanced bursary, which is assessed by the Student Money Service.
- The Wellbeing Service offers a wide range of support for students, from online counselling to face-to-face support.
- Accommodation staff and halls representatives will understand your concerns and listen to any difficulties you may be experiencing.
- Read how UWE Bristol is a Stonewall Diversity Champion. You can find out more about Stonewall on their website.
- Our new Report and Support online platform has been developed for students. You can use this tool to report incidents like bullying, harassment or discrimination to the University, and get practical support and guidance.
Help and support
If you feel discriminated against
If you feel discriminated against because of age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, you can report this to the University. UWE Bristol believes that discrimination, direct or indirect, is unjust.
Students, contractors and visitors should report any incidents using the complaints procedure.
Staff should report any incidents using the dignity at work procedure (staff login required).
If you have been assaulted, seriously threatened or intimidated
Call Operations and Security: