Library workbooks for your college
Tailored online library workbooks for your subject or your college.
College of Arts, Technology and Environment (CATE)
- The Film Studies workbook
- Media Communications workbook
- Research in Filmmaking workbook
- Site analysis workbook (interior design) - a guide to useful resources for conducting a site analysis
- Visual Culture - Critical perspectives
- Visual Culture - Creative analysis
- Visual Culture - Independent Research Project – A guide to researching and writing you Independent Research Project
- FET dissertation and project support workbook – Find information and resources to help you develop the information skills you need to carry out your dissertation or project.
- Study skills for FET workbook – Introduction to finding information using UWE Bristol Library resources.
- Study Skills for FET Foundation
- Property data resources
- Technical report writing guide - Understand some of the conventions of technical report writing such as formatting and the use of technical data and language.
- Welcome to UWE Bristol Library Services (induction)
- Career skills: preparing for work for CSCT students
- How to research employers (for FET students) - Improve your commercial awareness and better understand who you want to work for.
- Professional development for Built Environment students - online workbook with videos, activities and links to extensive resources to help you research your career options and make applications for placements and jobs.
- Professional development for Engineering students - online workbook with videos, activities and links to extensive resources to help you research your career options and make applications for placements and jobs.
- Professional development for Mathematics and Statistics students - online workbook with videos, activities and links to extensive resources to help you research your career options and make applications for placements and jobs.
College of Business and Law (CBL)
- Building legal information skills (BLIS) – Tutorials to facilitate legal research, aimed at new law students. Also includes more advanced subject areas such as European Union law, official publications, legal reform, and dissertation research.
- Introduction to business information skills tutorial (IBIS) – An online tutorial for business students providing a subject-specific introduction to UWE Bristol Library. This includes finding marketing or accounting information, and how to impress an employer.
- Law for non-lawyers library workbook
- Employability – Law – An online tutorial for law students to research effectively to help you to get the job you want.
- How to research employers – An online tutorial for business students to research effectively to help you to get the job you want.
- Placements workbook
College of Health, Science and Society (CHSS)
- Education dissertation workbook
- Primary Initial Teacher Education workbook
- School of Applied Sciences library workbook - Online guide for applied science students focusing on how to use the library and study more effectively.
- School of Social Sciences library workbook - An introduction to library services and resources that will help social science students throughout their time at university.
- School of Health and Social Wellbeing: health and social care library workbook - The aim of this workbook is to give health and social care students a brief, practical introduction to using library resources and finding evidence and information.
- Future nurse final project workbook - Created specifically for final year nursing students, this workbook focuses on how to search strategically and outlines library support for the four Final Project options.
- A pre-arrival workbook for CPD students - Learn more about the critical reading and writing skills required when studying at Masters level.
- Library support for healthcare related professional short courses - Using the library, study skills and specific support for your assessment type.
- Projects and dissertations: top tips - A step-by-step guide to planning and completing your undergraduate dissertation or project.
- How to critically appraise health information workbook - Learn how to evaluate evidence, identify different types of research design and apply the basic principles of critical appraisal.
- Help for students to publish in journals - This workbook supports students in the School of Applied Sciences who are conducting research as interns, final year and masters research projects.
- Professional Development For Biological Science Students
- Professional Development For Biomedical Students
- Professional Development For Criminology Students
- Professional Development For Environmental Science Students
- Professional Development For Forensic Science Students
- Professional Development For Philosophy Students
- Professional Development For Politics and International Relations Students
- Professional Development For Psychology Students
- Professional Development For Sociology Students
- Professional Development For Wildlife Ecology And Conservation Science Students
General study skills
For general study skills, online advice and workbooks, please take a look at our study skills topics.
You may also be interested in
College study support
College-specific online study support and one-to-one help tailored for your subject.
Advice on academic-related issues and what to do if something happens which affects your studies.
We have spaces and facilities across all campuses that you can book or just turn up and use.