Library workbooks for your college
Tailored online library workbooks for your subject or your college.
College of Arts, Technology and Environment (CATE)
- The Film Studies workbook
- Media Communications workbook
- Research in Filmmaking workbook
- Site analysis workbook (interior design) - a guide to useful resources for conducting a site analysis
- Visual Culture - Critical perspectives
- Visual Culture - Creative analysis
- Visual Culture - Independent Research Project – A guide to researching and writing you Independent Research Project
- Environment and Technology dissertation and project support workbook – Find information and resources to help you develop the information skills you need to carry out your dissertation or project.
- Study skills for Environment and Technology workbook – Introduction to finding information using UWE Bristol Library resources.
- Study Skills for Environment and Technology Foundation
- Property data resources
- Technical report writing guide - Understand some of the conventions of technical report writing such as formatting and the use of technical data and language.
- Welcome to UWE Bristol Library Services (induction)
- Career skills: preparing for work for CSCT students
- How to research employers (for Environment and Technology students) - Improve your commercial awareness and better understand who you want to work for.
- Professional development for Built Environment students - online workbook with videos, activities and links to extensive resources to help you research your career options and make applications for placements and jobs.
- Professional development for Engineering students - online workbook with videos, activities and links to extensive resources to help you research your career options and make applications for placements and jobs.
- Professional development for Mathematics and Statistics students - online workbook with videos, activities and links to extensive resources to help you research your career options and make applications for placements and jobs.
College of Business and Law (CBL)
- Building legal information skills (BLIS) – Tutorials to facilitate legal research, aimed at new law students. Also includes more advanced subject areas such as European Union law, official publications, legal reform, and dissertation research.
- Introduction to business information skills tutorial (IBIS) – An online tutorial for business students providing a subject-specific introduction to UWE Bristol Library. This includes finding marketing or accounting information, and how to impress an employer.
- Law for non-lawyers library workbook
College of Health, Science and Society (CHSS)
- Education dissertation workbook
- Primary Initial Teacher Education workbook
- School of Applied Sciences library workbook - Online guide for applied science students focusing on how to use the library and study more effectively.
- School of Social Sciences library workbook - An introduction to library services and resources that will help social science students throughout their time at university.
- School of Health and Social Wellbeing: health and social care library workbook - The aim of this workbook is to give health and social care students a brief, practical introduction to using library resources and finding evidence and information.
- Future nurse final project workbook - Created specifically for final year nursing students, this workbook focuses on how to search strategically and outlines library support for the four Final Project options.
- A pre-arrival workbook for CPD students - Learn more about the critical reading and writing skills required when studying at Masters level.
- Library support for healthcare related professional short courses - Using the library, study skills and specific support for your assessment type.
- Projects and dissertations: top tips - A step-by-step guide to planning and completing your undergraduate dissertation or project.
- How to critically appraise health information workbook - Learn how to evaluate evidence, identify different types of research design and apply the basic principles of critical appraisal.
- Help for students to publish in journals - This workbook supports students in the School of Applied Sciences who are conducting research as interns, final year and masters research projects.
- Professional Development For Biological Science Students
- Professional Development For Biomedical Students
- Professional Development For Criminology Students
- Professional Development For Environmental Science year 2 and 3 Students
- Professional Development For Forensic Science Students
- Professional Development for Integrated Wildlife Conservation Students
- Professional Development For Philosophy year 2 and 3 Students
- Professional Development For Politics and International Relations Students
- Professional Development For Psychology Students
- Professional Development For Sociology Students
- Professional Development For Wildlife Ecology And Conservation Science year 2 and 3 Students