Social Care Online
Social Care Online is provided by the UK organisation Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE). It contains research briefings, reports, legislation and government documents, journal articles, evidence-based practice, and websites relating to all aspects of social care.
Access the database
- Database is not included in the main library search
- Databases provided by UWE Bristol are for educational use only and should not be used for commercial corporate purposes or by unlicensed users
Core subject areas include:
- families, children, and young people
- government and social policy
- mental health and mental health care
- people, groups, and communities (including older people, and black and minority ethnic people)
- physical and learning disabilities
- social care
- social work and social workers
There are approximately 150,000 records on Social Care Online, the majority of which are from the UK. All of the resources are fully abstracted and referenced and many are available in full text.
Social Care Institute for Excellence