Fashion and Race Database
The Fashion and Race database provides access to research and resources aimed at addressing racism and promoting diversity throughout the fashion system. The database is focussed on illuminating under examined histories and amplifying the voices those marginalised within the fashion industry. The database is arranged into five main sections:
- Objects that Matter, under explored fashion objects, images and collections
- Profiles of fashion leaders, designers, style icons and historical figures
- Library of reading lists, books, films and documentaries, lectures, exhibitions, journal articles
- Essays, news and opinion
- Community, including a fashion directory, calendar and opportunities
The database platform offers research and publishing opportunities to students, researchers and writers interested in addressing issues around racism in fashion.
Access the database
- Database is not included in the main library search
- Databases provided by UWE Bristol are for educational use only and should not be used for commercial corporate purposes or by unlicensed users
To register for the Fashion and Race database:
- Go to The Fashion and Race Database and enter your UWE Bristol email address. Please note, you will not be able to access the UWE Bristol subscription unless you register with a UWE Bristol email address.
- Enter a password and select ‘initialize your account’.
- You will receive a ‘thanks for initializing your account' email. You do not need to click on any links in the email to activate your subscription.
- If you have any issues with this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kimberly Jenkins, Fashion and Race Database