Eikon is a specialist database from Refinitiv (formerly Thomson Reuters). It includes global economic, listed company, financial data. It is an integrated news, content and analytic trading platform which allows you to monitor the markets and perform in-depth research.
You can also use EIKON with Excel either by copying data in, or by importing it using the Excel add-in.
Eikon includes access to the data that was previously available via Datastream.
Access the database
- Database is not included in the main library search
- Databases provided by UWE Bristol are for educational use only and should not be used for commercial corporate purposes
Obtaining the username and password:
- Anyone with a UWE Bristol login can access this database, but a specific username and password is required which provides access until 09:00 (UK Time) the following day. If the username and password are supplied on a Friday, it will be valid until 09:00 (UK Time) the following Monday
- Use Ask a Librarian online chat or our online enquiry form to request the username and password. You will need to include your UWE Bristol ID number and details of your programme. If you are a member of staff or PhD researcher, please let us know.
- Please note that the username and password will be supplied within 24 hours Monday – Friday. If you apply after 15:00 on a Friday, it will be the following Monday before it is supplied.
- Please note that you cannot save your search or files on Eikon as you will not be assigned the same username and password in future.
The stock market data is delayed by 15 minutes.