Drama Online combines playtext content and scholarly books with filmed live performances, film adaptations and audio plays to create an online resource for students, researchers and teachers of drama and literature.
Drama Online gives access to over 3,000 playtexts from over 1,000 playwrights, 400 audio plays, 345 hours of video and 400 scholarly books from leading theatre publishers and companies.
Access is currently available to the following content:
- Playtexts – Drama Online Core Collection, Nick Hern Books, Playwrights Canada Press, Aurora Metro Books, Oberon Books
- Books – Critical Studies and Performance Practice Collection
- Video – National Theatre Collection, RSC Live Collection, BBC Drama Films and Documentaries, Shakespeare’s Globe on Screen
- Audio – L.A.Theatre Works
Access the database
- Database is included in the main library search
- UWE does not lease all the content on this database. So, if you encounter the error message "[t]he full content of this title is only available to members of institutions that have purchased access to this collection. Please get in touch with your institution's administrator to request access", you will not be able to access this play via Drama Online. You may be able to find the play by searching for it via the main library search.
- Databases provided by UWE Bristol are for educational use only and should not be used for commercial corporate purposes or by unlicensed users