Digimap is a collection of services that deliver maps and map data of Great Britain. The map data can be downloaded to use with Geographic Information System (GIS) or Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software.There are nine Digimap services:
- Ordnance Survey Collection: a full range of current topographic Ordnance Survey maps.
- Historic Digimap: historic Ordnance Survey maps dating from 1843 to 1996.
- Geology Digimap: contemporary British Geological Survey map data. 1:50,000, 1:250,000 and 1:625,000 scales available in Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) and MapInfo formats, plus information from the Lexicon of Named Rock Units.
- Marine Digimap: offers two types of data, raster nautical charts derived from UK Hydrographic Office paper charts and chart panels and Marine Themes vector data covering all UK waters derived from material obtained from the UK Hydrographic Offices.
- Environment Digimap: easy access to Land Cover data from the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology.
- Aerial Digimap: provides high resolution (25cm) vertical aerial imagery data of Great Britain from Getmapping.
- Lidar Digimap: offers detailed Lidar data from the Environment Agency through a convenient, on-demand web interface. It also offers vertical aerial photography.
- Global Digimap: is a new service in development and provides access to global datasets in cartographic styles and downloadable formats.
- Society Digimap: is a new service in development. Explore a range of demographic data using the mapping facility, Society Roam. A full data download application is under development, which will offer the ability to download both the census data and the corresponding boundaries together.
Access the database
- Database is not included in the main library search
- Students and staff based at UK partner institutions and international partner institutions cannot use their UWE Bristol login to access this database
- Users must register with Digimap
- Databases provided by UWE Bristol are for educational use only and should not be used for commercial corporate purposes
Digimap is for educational use only (eg learning, teaching and research purposes).
- The publisher does not allow UWE Bristol students based at UK and international partner institutions (and the staff that support them) to access this database.
- End-user licence agreement: licence for the use of Ordnance Survey mapping data.
- End-user licence FAQs: questions and answers about what you can and cannot do with Digimap's maps and data.