Box of Broadcasts (BoB)
Box of Broadcasts (BoB) is an off-air recording and media archive service.
This TV scheduling service allows you to record TV and radio programmes that are scheduled to be broadcast over the next seven days as well as retrieving programmes from the last seven days from a selected list of recorded channels.
Access the database
- Due to copyright restrictions, you need to be physically located in the United Kingdom to use BoB
- BoB is available to staff and students of member institutions of the British Universities Film & Video Council that hold an ERA+ license
- Database is not included in the main library search
- Students and staff based at UK partner institutions and international partner institutions cannot use their UWE Bristol login to access this database
- Databases provided by UWE Bristol are for educational use only and should not be used for commercial corporate purposes
Database user guides
Video playback is currently not supported in Internet Explorer. If you are using Internet Explorer, please switch to another browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.
Creating a link to a BoB video
If you need a link to send out to other students or staff, you can simply copy the URL from the browser address bar and email it.
Please note: after the upgrade to BoB in November, there may be some saved embedded clips and programmes that will no longer play due to Flash compatibility issues. In these instances, users will need to find the BoB record itself and use the new URL.
We'd advise logging into BoB before following links.
Using BoB videos in presentations
The easiest and most reliable method of using one or more videos within a presentation is to first save them to 'MyBoB'. At your presentation, log in to BoB and run them from there.
BUFVC - British Universities Film Video Council