Replacement award certificates

An award certificate is the official formal document which shows the award achieved and classification (if relevant) upon completion of your study.

View an example award certificate.

Please note that this document does not include module and marks information, this is included on your Certificate of Credit.

A replacement award certificate can only be issued if the original is misplaced or damaged.

Who can apply

If your degree certificate is lost, stolen or damaged in transit, you can order a replacement certificate. Please note that students are only permitted to have one copy of their certificate in their possession at any one time, so multiple copies cannot be requested.

Award certificates will not be issued to a student with a debt or any other outstanding obligation to the University. (Please see the Certificate and Transcript Policy for further details).

If you have recently graduated and have not received your certificate within eight weeks, please complete our online enquiry form.

How to apply

  1. Step 1

    Replacement certificates can be purchased at a cost of £50 through the UWE Bristol Online Store.

    The fee includes UK and international postage. If you wish to arrange for a courier to collect and deliver your certificates, please note this when you make your purchase and email the courier information to the appropriate school below. You must allow 48 hours for certificates to be made available for courier collection.

    College of Arts, Technology and Environment

    College of Business and Law

    College of Health, Science and Society

    International partners

  2. Step 2

    We endeavour to process your request within 20 working days of receipt of your application. This can increase to 30 working days at periods of peak activity throughout the year (February to March and June to September).

    You will receive an email containing your tracking reference number when your certificate has been posted. Unless you have arranged courier delivery, certificates are sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery (UK mainland) or International Recorded Delivery (outside the UK). They can be tracked via Royal Mail.

You may also be interested in