Any enquiries related to the University's ethics policy, procedures, pathways, application process or forms should be directed in the first instance to the Research Ethics Administrative Team.
Research Ethics Administrative Team
Members of the University Research Ethics Sub-Committee (RESC)
RESC Chair (nominated by the Vice-Chancellor)
- Chair: Professor David Evans
- Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education (ACE): Dr Sally Reardon
- Faculty of Business and Law (FBL): Professor Hazel Conley
- Faculty of Environment and Technology (FET): Dr Matt Studley
- Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences (HAS): Dr Julie Woodley
Representatives from Faculties and Services
- Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education (ACE) FREC: Kathryn Last
- Faculty of Business and Law (FBL) FREC: Clayton Davies
- Faculty of Environment and Technology (FET) FREC: Dr Paul White
- Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences (HAS) FREC: Dr Joanne Williams
- Graduate School (RBI): Dr Helen Frisby
- Student representative: Vacant
- Members not employed by UWE Bristol: Mark Woodcock; Wan Ching Yee
Membership of the Faculty Research Ethics Committees (FRECs)
Academic Board reporting structure
The Research Ethics Sub-Committee (RESC) reports to the Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee, a committee of the University's Academic Board.
The Faculty Research Ethics Committees (FRECs) report to their Faculty Research and Knowledge Exchange Committees, which report to their Faculty Boards.