Faith support and facilities
We offer face-to-face support and facilities on our campuses.
University Coordinating Chaplain
Julie Nicholson, the University's Chaplain, is here to support students of any or no faith. Students and staff are welcome to drop in to see her in The Octagon, Frenchay Campus or during a Chaplaincy drop-in at Bower and Glenside.
Chaplaincy drop-ins are available on all campuses. Drop-in for an informal chat, confidential listening, space to talk, bereavement support and advice on spiritual, ethical and personal concerns.
- Frenchay - Tuesday afternoons
- Bower Ashton - Thursday mornings
- Glenside - Thursday afternoons
Pastoral care conversations
Julie offers 1:1 informal pastoral care appointments. These can help you reflect on and work through a range of matters including adapting to university life, decision making, bereavement and coping in times of crisis. To book an appointment, email email@example.com.
You are welcome to make an appointment to talk through your experiences of faith and belief and seek direction. To book an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prayer rooms and reflective spaces
The Octagon is located between D Block and E Block and offers:
- Quiet Room – a multi-faith room for prayer, meditation, reflection and quiet.
- Reflection Room – for small meetings and one-to-one pastoral care and spiritual direction appointments with a member of the Faith and Spirituality Team.
The Octagon is open 08:30-17:00 Monday to Friday and we welcome drop ins. These rooms, along with two other activity rooms are available for bookings Monday to Sunday, 24 hours per day. If you would to book a room, please email email@example.com.
Muslim Prayer Rooms - Brothers (Room 3E41) and Sisters (Room 3E44A)
Dedicated rooms for Muslim staff and students with washing facilities.
Multi-faith – Room 1B28a
A multi-faith room behind the main reception for prayer, meditation, reflection and quiet.
Bower Ashton Campus
Sanctuary and Quiet Room – Room 2B002
A quiet space for reflection, prayer and meditation.
Multi-faith – Room 4AF028
A multi-faith room for prayer, meditation, reflection and quiet, including washing facilities for Muslim users.
Find out more about faith at the University
- View health and wellbeing events taking place throughout the year at UWE Bristol.
- Download the guidance for use of multi-faith spaces to gain more insight on guidelines and principles.
- Please contact us if you have an enquiry regarding faith or spirituality. You can contact the University's Coordinating Chaplain Julie Nicholson via Julie.Nicholson@uwe.ac.uk, or call +44 (0)117 32 84142 or +44 (0)7824 460 958.
- You can also visit the UWE Bristol Faith Facebook page.