Recording, arranging and producing your music
What we offer
We offer a range of mini courses and masterclasses exclusively to UWE Bristol students and staff to help you learn recording, producing and mixing techniques. There are also opportunities to learn how to integrate samples and loops in to your live performances.
Mini courses and recording in our studio
Ableton Live and Logic Pro X mini course
Introduction to Logic Pro X
- Learn the basics of recording and arranging with Apple’s industry standard software Logic Pro X, ideal for singer-songwriters, bands and composers.
- Help for advanced Logic users is also available on the course.
- These sessions normally run on Wednesday evenings at the Centre for Music on our Frenchay Campus.
Introduction to Ableton Live
- Learn the basics of Ableton Live including how to use integrate it into live performances, plus learn how to create your own samples and loops and craft them into well-produced tracks.
- Ableton Live and Logic Pro X sessions run in four-week blocks, two to three times a year. Sessions are usually taught in groups of up to five on CfM's iMacs.
- These sessions normally run on Monday evenings at the Centre for Music on our Frenchay Campus.
Record your music in our studio
If you want to record your music you can do it in our studio.
You can book our recording studio if you're familiar with Logic and/or Ableton.
Record your demo
Contact the Centre for Music at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to book
To book on to any of our mini courses or studio sessions you need to be a UWE Bristol student or staff member. Membership is free for students. Once you are a member you can book your place via the 10to8 booking system.