Bands, DJs, solo artists and songwriters
Develop yourself as an artist
As a band, DJ, solo artist or songwriter, the Centre for Music can help you find other musicians, get gigs, perform and record your music and develop yourself as an artist. As a Centre for Music member you can benefit from:
- access to fully equipped rehearsal studios, practice rooms and DJ booth (instruments available)
- free or highly subsidised music lessons in all instruments including orchestral, vocal coaching and DJing
- recording, arranging and producing mini courses
- access to our recording studio
- masterclass and industry talks
- songwriting and jam sessions.
- Many opportunities to play short sets around our campuses for campus-based events
- Audition to perform at our annual Festival of Sound held at the Bristol Beacon
- Perform at Amplify festival – a celebration of hip hop, rap, RnB and electronic music
We can help you develop your look, provide you with a photoshoot and develop a logo for you.
Highlights for some of our solo artists and musicians have included visits to BBC Introducing Live and recording sessions at Real World Studios.
"Thanks to Centre for Music I’ve done loads of gigs and now I’m getting paid gigs!"
Gabrielius Talijunas UWE Bristol student
How to join
To join any of our Centre for Music groups, you firstly need to become a member. Membership is free for students. Once you are a member you can sign up for any of our groups and activities.Become a member
Already a member?
Join the UWE Bristol Band Hub Facebook group to start meeting other musicians.
Keep your eye on the Facebook group – teaching, recording and performing opportunities are announced there first.
You may also be interested in
Music lessons, masterclasses and mini courses
The Centre for Music offers a range of music lessons, mini music courses and masterclasses that you can book with our team of professional musicians.
Recording, arranging and producing your music
We offer a range of courses and masterclasses to help you learn recording, producing and mixing techniques.
Rehearsal studios and practice spaces
The Centre for Music has a range of fully equipped, professional rehearsal spaces for bands, singers and DJs and well as practice rooms for individual or duet practice.