What to expect from a Virtual Open Day
A Virtual Open Day is your chance to find out what’s waiting for you at UWE Bristol from the comfort of your own home.
So what can you expect?
- You’ll have the chance to attend live talks about the course(s) and subject area you're interested in. Our staff are here to help, so have your questions ready.
- Drop in to a number of live Q&A chats from our key university services, such as admissions, accommodation, student finance, student life and much more.
- View our 360° tours of your campus, accommodation and facilities from wherever you are in the world.
- International students will have the opportunity to discuss the visa and application process and find out about studying in the UK and exploring the city of Bristol.
- Join live Q&A chats with our current students and alumni and get a feel for what life is like at UWE Bristol. No one knows a university better than its students.
"Thank you so much to the team for your time and answering all my questions. It's been a really helpful session."
Previous Virtual Open Day attendee
What you need to do to prepare for your Virtual Open Day
Visit our Open Day page to view upcoming events and pick the one that is most relevant to you. Follow the steps to fill in some details and book your place for one of our Virtual Open Days.
You will either be asked to book your course talks and university service sessions at the point of signing up, or at a later date via email. Complete this step to build your day and schedule dedicated slots to speak to academic and professional services staff.
Step 3Once you have booked on to your sessions, you will be emailed your e-ticket, which shows your timetable for the day. Save this email as you can use it to change your sessions at a later date if necessary. It can also be used to access your sessions on the day (although you will also be sent reminders).
On the day, you should join a course talk by selecting ‘join as a guest’. If you select ‘sign in’, you will either not be able to join the event, or your name and email address may become visible to other attendees.
Once you have joined you’ll be prompted to enter a name. Just enter your first name as this information will be visible to other attendees.
Please note that course talks may be recorded and published on our YouTube channel for marketing purposes. Only our presenters will be identifiable on the published recordings. Q&A sessions will not be published.
You'll need a UniBuddy account to attend our most of our key university services talks on admissions, funding and disability support and more. Once signed up, you can use your login details for further UniBuddy events.
Some talks are also happening on GoToWebinar. To attend, you'll just need to input your name and email address when attending the live talk.
You will be emailed a link to our Virtual Open Day site, giving you exclusive access to pre-recorded talks and tours of our facilities. Browse this site at your leisure to find out more about what it's like to be a student at UWE Bristol.
Attend your sessions via your e-ticket or the session reminder emails that you will be sent on the day. Find out everything you need to know from our friendly staff, and be prepared with any questions you'd like to ask the experts.