Help from external organisations
Invaluable help and advice is available from a variety of organisations to help your start-up or business idea grow.
- Outset Bristol – a free interactive online learning platform that offers resources and tools to support you on your business start-up journey.
- The Prince's Trust – a useful source of advice on self-employment and potential funding for young people.
- NESTA – National Endowment for Science, Technology, and the Arts – provides funding for early-stage companies.
- BRAVE – a not-for-profit organisation based in Bristol which provides support to start-up businesses.
Social enterprise support
- Bristol and Bath Social Enterprise Network – a local social enterprise network.
- UnLtd – UnLtd is the leading provider of support to social entrepreneurs in the UK and offers the largest such network in the world. UnLtd resources hundreds of individuals each year through its core Awards programme.
- With the online enterprise portal Simply Do (registration needed) you can develop a live business plan and get tailored feedback on your business idea.
You may also be interested in
Advice and business support
Online resources, business advice clinics, an entrepreneurs support programme and a team of enterprise advisers.
Space on campus
From incubation space to develop your venture in a collaborative and supportive environment to pop-up shops on campus to test your ideas.
Got a great business idea? We’ll help you get it off the ground. With physical space, business support and funding available – we’ll be on hand to help you at every stage of your entrepreneurial journey.
Financial support and funding for start-ups and business ideas
A range of funding opportunities to help you get your idea off the ground or take it to the next level, from pitching competitions to start-up scholarships.