CHSS Studentships 2022-23 - Doctoral Academy
An exciting opportunity to apply for eight fully funded PhD positions in the College of Health, Science and Society (CHSS), UWE Bristol.
The expected start date of these studentships is 1 April 2023.
The closing date for applications is 12 February 2023.
The PhD positions could be in any of our six schools and departments:
- School of Health and Social Wellbeing
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Education and Childhood.
Applicants can apply for one of the eight projects listed below.
Apply for a listed project:
- Medical Traumatic Stress in Individuals with Congenital Craniofacial Conditions: Understanding Risk and Preventing Psychological Distress - 2223-APR-CHSS02 - Nicola Stock
- Using intersectionality theory and arts-based approaches to understand the lived, educational experiences of children facing contexts of multiple deprivation - 2223-APR-CHSS03 - Jane Andrews
- Metabolism of amino acids as a therapeutic target and predictor of leukaemia patient outcome - 2223-APR-CHSS04 - Jonathan Hull
- Detection of urinary volatile compounds to determine antibiotic resistant bacteria in urinary tract infections - 2223-APR-CHSS05 - Oliver Gould
- New horizons in ecological science: Extracting RNA from the environment to characterise physiological status in a critically endangered fish - 2223-APR-CHSS06 - Marc Steer
- Understanding the acceptability of goal-setting to facilitate long-term engagement with physical activity (PA) for people living with a musculoskeletal (MSK) condition from under- represented communities - 2223-APR-CHSS07 - Alice Berry
- Impact of Soil Degradation on the Loss of Ancient Carbon from Lowland Peatland Soils Drained for Agriculture - 2223-APR-CHSS08 - Pete Maxfield
- UK minority ethnic populations: determining prevalence, characteristics and treatment outcomes - 2223-APR-CHSS09 - Jenny Lewis
More information about these themes can be found in UWE Bristol’s research strategy for 2030.
The studentship is available from 01 April 2023 for a period of three and half years, subject to satisfactory progress, and includes a tax-exempt stipend, which is currently £17,668 per annum. International students will start in October.
In addition, full-time tuition fees will be covered for up to three years.
You may also be interested in
Contact the Graduate School
Ways to contact the Graduate School, from postgraduate research support to submitting your thesis.
Fees and funding
View Graduate School tuition fees, project fees, completion fees and resubmission fees.