SUNEX (Sustainable Urban FWE Nexus)
Full project title: SUNEX (Sustainable Urban FWE Nexus)
Duration: 1 May 2018-30 April 2021
- JPI Urban Europe
- Belmont Foundation
Project Leader for SPE: David Ludlow
Other UWE Bristol researcher: Jo Bushell
- AIT Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT)
- Bristol Water (BW)
- Qatar Ministry for Municipality and Environment (MME)
- Qatar Environment and Energy Research Institute (QEERI)
- Institute of Socio-Economics
- Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF)
SUNEX offers an integrated systems approach to support the decision-making process in formulating inclusive urban food, water and energy strategies. The applied nexus-approach relies on profound urban data, stakeholder’s dialogue and consistent development scenarios to address and understand the complex interlinkages between the three systems to maximize their synergies.
SUNEX is developing a modelling framework aiming at managing the cities’ limited resources on the way to achieve sustainable urban transformation in social, economic and environmental scopes.
SUNEX will be applied to formulate sustainable FWE-strategies for Berlin, Bristol, Doha and Vienna to consider and learn from different consumption patterns and resource uses.
- SUNEX: Transition Pathways Towards Carbon Neutral Cities. Critical Issues in Science, Technology and Society Studies, STS Conference 2019, Graz, 6 - 7 May 2019.
- SUNEX: Multi-level Governance and Management of the Food-Water-Energy Nexus. European Urban Research Association–Urban Affairs Association Conference 2019, Dublin, 20-22 June 2019.
For further information on the project, please contact Associate Professor David Ludlow.
You may also be interested in
Members of the Centre for Sustainable Planning and Environments (SPE)
Members of the Centre for Sustainable Planning and Environments (SPE).
Publications from the Centre for Sustainable Planning and Environments
Research publications from the Centre for Sustainable Planning and Environments (SPE)
Research areas of the Centre for Sustainable Planning and Environments (SPE)
The inter-related research areas of SPE.