Get involved with football
Find out how you can get involved with football at UWE Bristol.
The MOVE programme offers you the opportunity to play football through activity sessions and intramural leagues. These sessions allow you to play in a friendly atmosphere, and are open to all levels of ability.Join MOVE
Mars Just Play
'Just Play' kickabouts are great for when you want to play without committing to a weekly game, a complicated league or fancy team strips. It’s all about loose, casual play.
When: There are two Mars Just Play Sessions running this term;
- Friday 16:30: Running from 25 September to 18 December 2020
- Saturday 17:30: Running from 26 September to 19 December 2020
Where: The games will take place at the Centre for Sport astro pitch. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the number of spaces and length of sessions will be restricted.
How to book
- Mars Just Play sessions are really popular, so please ensure you book on early to avoid disappointment.
- Free with MOVE membership or £5 per session. These sessions are bookable weekly, you must to book via the app or online before you attend as spaces are limited.
- Please see the guidelines for acceptable footwear on the Centre for Sport Astro and Hillside Gardens 4G pitch. You will not be allowed to enter in unacceptable footwear.
Our social football league provides you with the opportunity to play in a fun yet semi-competitive environment.
- 11-a-side – Held on Wednesdays at 14:00 and 16:00 at Hillside Gardens
- 5-a-side – Held on Tuesdays between 18:00-20:30 at Hillside Gardens
- 6-a-side – Held on Sundays between 18:30-20:30 at the Centre for Sport Astro Pitch
You must register to play in a league, follow the link in the email you receive. You can register as part of a team or as an individual.
Joining a league is free with MOVE membership.
Join the football club
Run by The Students’ Union at UWE, you can join Team UWE Bristol Football who compete in British Universities and Colleges (BUCS) league. With multiple teams across the men’s and women’s team there are plenty of options for you to play competitively at a level to suit you.