International scholarship terms and conditions
Terms and conditions applying to international scholarships.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions relating to the UWE Bristol international scholarships available to undergraduate and postgraduate new students classed as overseas for fees purpose at UWE Bristol starting a course this academic year.
- You can only be in receipt of one University of the West of England scholarship. If you meet the eligibility criteria for more than one of the scholarships, you will be awarded the scholarship which is the most beneficial to you (unless otherwise stated).
- Successful candidates will be notified in writing. Full terms and conditions for the scholarship will be sent with the scholarship award letter.
- All scholarships will be given as a tuition fee remission.
- These are one-off awards, which are non-renewable after the first year of study unless otherwise specified.
- All scholarships, unless otherwise specified, are non-deferrable. If you are offered a scholarship and then choose to defer your place, the offer of the scholarship will be withdrawn and you will have to re-apply or will be reconsidered for the scholarship again the following year.
- We reserve the right to defer the scholarship to the next intake should the programme not run.
- Scholarships are not available in respect of the English language pre-sessional programmes.
- The MBA, BTC, LPC, GDL, MSc Robotics and postgraduate research degrees courses are not eligible for the Chancellor’s and Millennium 50% tuition fees postgraduate scholarships.
- Continuing professional development (CPD) courses are not eligible for any postgraduate scholarships.
- Students enrolling at Hartpury University are not eligible for any of the UWE Bristol scholarships.
- Students enrolling at a UWE Bristol Partner Institution overseas are not eligible for any of the UWE Bristol scholarships until studying at a UWE Bristol campus (unless otherwise stated).
- Distance Learning courses are not eligible for scholarships.
Successful candidates awarded any international overseas tuition fee scholarships will be notified in writing and the full terms and conditions for the scholarship will be sent with the scholarship award letter.
Financial responsibilities for successful candidates
- The international deposit will have to be paid by the international deposits deadline or the specific deadline stated in the invitation letter.
- When accepting the scholarship they will have to prove that they satisfy the UKVI criteria in terms of being able to cover living costs and the remainder of the fees.
- They are liable to pay any remaining if scholarship is less than 100% tuition fees, living, transport, and accommodation costs.
- Any extension of period of study at UWE Bristol or re-take of module etc, will be at their own expense.
- Following graduation, to be an active member of the UWE Bristol Alumni Network by helping the University to promote its programmes to prospective students.
- Take part in ambassadorial activity for the University as requested (if specified in your scholarship award letter).
Failure to fulfil these conditions may result in their scholarship being withdrawn and becoming liable for their tuition fees.
For further information on any of the scholarships above, please email the International Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.