Undergraduate entry requirements
Doing university right means opening doors to everyone with potential. So we welcome a wide range of qualifications and experiences to secure your place at UWE Bristol. Let’s take a closer look…
Minimum entry requirements
Honours degree courses
You usually need two A-levels or an equivalent qualification such as:
- A BTEC Diploma or Extended Diploma
- International Baccalaureate
- Irish Highers
- Access to Higher Education Diploma.
However, there are other paths to entry – read on for more info.
You usually need one A-level, or equivalent.
- We use the UCAS Tariff system to make offers to applicants. You can use the UCAS Tariff table to convert your qualifications and grades into points.
- General Studies and AS-level subjects (not taken onto full A2) can be included towards your overall tariff score.
- For some courses we require specific subjects and grades. These are listed on each course entry.
If you don't quite meet the requirements
Sometimes life gets in the way of study, or you change paths after school. That’s why we will consider evidence of personal, professional and educational experience that demonstrates your ability to study at degree level.
However, this may not be possible if the course has a specific A-level (or equivalent) subject requirement.
If you do not have the GCSE requirement for your course and are unable to take a GCSE qualification, we will accept recognised equivalent qualifications such as those provided by Equivalency Testing.
Please note that UWE Bristol does not accept Key Skills or Functional Skills at Level 2 as an equivalent qualification.
We also welcome students who are undertaking other qualifications like the Extended Project and AS Levels not taken onto the full A-level. We will include these in your total Tariff point score.
If you have any questions about our entry requirements, please contact our Admissions team and we can discuss your application.
Offer types explained
If you have not received your exam results, your offer from us will be conditional and will be subject to you achieving the tariff points/grades required for your course.
If you have already satisfied the academic entry requirements of your chosen course, you are likely to be made an unconditional offer.
Please note that we will only make unconditional offers if you have already achieved your qualifications. To make sure our applicants are academically prepared for when they start their studies here, we do not make unconditional offers to those that are still studying their Level 3 qualifications (such as A-levels, BTEC, Access or equivalent). We hope that this will encourage our applicants to value their academic achievements as much as we do.
Find out more information about offers, results and confirmation.
UWE Bristol is a global university – we welcome enquiries and applications from talented people from around the world. To find out more about our entry requirements and how to apply, you can:
- read our country specific information
- contact your local British Council Office
- visit the Education UK website
- email us your CV at email@example.com, confirming which course your are interested in studying, the details of all your qualifications including the examining boards, and grades or scores you've achieved.
Find out more
Read more on our entry requirement policies: