Students can continue to access the Careers toolkit for online resources such as the CV360 tool and Interview simulator.
Careers sessions and drop-ins
Our drop-in service and careers sessions are a great starting point where we will help you identify the most useful resources or other appropriate support from our service to meet your needs. For more information about when these are scheduled visit our Career Toolkit. Come along for support with:
- finding careers events and online careers resources
- getting work experience (including placements)
- CV resources and feedback
- covering letter resources and feedback
- job application resources and initial feedback
- interview preparation resources
- enterprise and self-employment.
Frenchay Campus drop-in locations
We run a drop-in service at Frenchay Campus in the E-Zone (Careers and Enterprise zone – room 2D11). Please note until Friday 28 January 2022 these times may be reduced.
Please note: In periods of high demand we can’t guarantee that you’ll be seen, so we recommend that you arrive at the beginning of a session. Times and locations may vary during vacation times. Sessions are subject to change or cancellation.
To attend, just visit us on one of the days and times below.
- Tuesday: 10:00-12:30 or 14:00-15:30
- Wednesday: 10:00-12:30 or 14:00-15:30
- Thursday: 10:00-12:30 or 14:00-15:30.
Bookable careers sessions at City Campus (Bower Ashton) - term time only
We run bookable careers sessions on Bower Ashton Campus, taking place in the library. To attend a careers session, book an appointment through InfoHub or at the Information Point for Tuesdays or Thursdays during term time.
Vacancy Plus drop-in
- work experience
- global/international opportunities
- graduate roles.
This drop-in service is available at Frenchay Campus in the E-Zone (2D11).
Throughout the year, specific slots will be dedicated to various topics including volunteering and international opportunities. Please check the appointment calendar on InfoHub (login required) for more details.
These specialist sessions are longer appointments and provide coaching to help you take control of your future aspirations.
Before booking one of these appointments, you should either look at the online resources in Career Toolkit, come along to our Career Essentials workshops or attend a drop-in session.
These 30-minute appointments can provide help with:
- more complex career issues
- career choice
- exploring options
- postgraduate applications
- in-depth and specialist application form/CV help and preparation for interviews
- mock interviews
- course change – exploring potential impact on future career plans
- enterprise and self-employment options.
Booking a Careers Coaching appointment
Careers Coaching appointments are available at Frenchay Campus all year round and other campuses during term time. To book your first appointment, log in to InfoHub and visit our appointments section or contact us.
We offer specialist appointments for international students. We will support you in your search for work in the UK or abroad after you graduate.
Enterprise and start-up advice
We also offer support to students seeking enterprise advice, including:
- project/business ideas and exploring it to find out if it is a viable business
- looking for early start-up support
- running a business and want help with the next steps
- where to go to get investment/protection
- writing a business plan
- self-employed placements
- bookable business support.